Friday, December 14, 2007

Blogging service resumes

A good morning to all the readers from Melbourne. It has been close to two weeks since I landed here and busy work schedules coupled with Melbourne's unreasonably expensive internet conections at home have contributed to this delay in my first blog. Thankfully - a dull Friday at work has given me the license to blog.
Life has been pretty peaceful out here - but something from within tells me, India and Chennai are the places to be.
Things that I miss -
1. Makki and the other Gang guys who light up each and every day of my life in Chennai / India
2. The movies - Satyam cinemas is more important to me than I could ever realize.
3. The long phone conversations, Lulu snacks and all those other little things that make my 'Unbearable Tamness of Being' inevitable.
4. Mom's food. More than anything. Face it - living at home is a boon. It makes up for most other things.
Music update -
I tried to re-live IIMB life by listening to songs that defined my IIMB existence. Some of these songs are very close to my heart (I figured out now)- and there was immense joy on listening to them -
1. Kandisa, Indian Ocean. Ah! what a song, singalongability is a huge strength of this song. It made me very nostalgic of IIMB and E-Top.
2. Sandhippoma, ARR - 2003 was recreated before my eyes. Trivandrum memories flooded me almost immediately. There was NO IIMB connection to this song, but still - a digression is fair enough for this song.
3. Scarborough fair, Simon n Garfunkel - The ethereal bliss I get on listening to this song has to be experienced to believe.
4. Allah ke bande, Kailash Kher - The earthy voice and the genuineness in the song reminded me of my naivette on entering IIMB and how the place was a rude shock to me.
5. Thanimai Iravu, Navneeth - Girish is a god. Period.

Other activities -
I have been watching a lot of Friends on TV and it is a boon that I have missed it so far in my life. I have also been watching Ford Ranger Cup (Australian ListA ODI matches).
Movies - Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN is a good addition to my list of worthy watches.

Cya soon with more updates.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the substitute for your Economic Times in Oz land da ?

Anonymous said...

you can read harry potter books... or have u finished them? doubtful i think...

Girish said...

F.R.I.E.N.D.S dhaan da!!!
THALA!!!!!

ranga said...

Ghum...so normal service has resumed.. albeit in a different place..sabaash, bale, fantastic...

Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN .. been in my must-see list for a while.. my man..Gael Garcia Bernal.. thala da avan.. :) will watch soon...