Thursday, January 31, 2008

Khwaja mere khwaja - A journey to the gods.

The most unbelievably divine and addictive song of this year. It took me on a journey to heaven. How?
The first one minute is an invocation to god to thank him for creating ARR and a reminder to personally do so. And with his unbelievably innocent cries of Khwaja in those moments - tears are created by god. The final tears of happiness.
Before the first charanam - his innocent cries of "AAAAAA" leave u gasping for breath (one of those last in earth) and add more tears simultaneously. You are preparing for moksha."Tere Darbar mein ARR" all of us are your slaves and ready for that moment of moksha. Especially when you sing Qawwali and have words like "Owliya" in the song. Let me also thank the inventor of such words in heaven. The mystic flutes or some other wind instruments add to the appropriately named "Sufi mysticism". Ha! I dont want to attain mukthi anymore. I want to return to earth after a short visit to heaven.
Are you in bliss in the second charanam ARR? as if to give me that last high. and why do u pause at the end of the second charanam as if to push me down a cliff and wait for me to land with a bang - when you start your final flourish, which will coincide with my fast ascent to heaven - where I hope to meet all the gods and thank them for this song.
The song ends - I return to this earth and proceed to welcome your next homecoming saying "Aseem o shaan shehenshah"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This string of actions is strongly correlated to something else you are bloddy good at I suppose. Economics & Times don't change much, do they?

ascend, gasp, descend, bang bang.

KIndeed !

Anonymous said...

I will not concur on it. I over nice post. Especially the designation attracted me to read the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.